We are delighted to announce a new collaboration between Improved Apps and Sarah Metcalfe at Happy Coffee Consulting…it sparks the beginning of exciting new things for well-being and creating a workplace with engaged employees.
The joining of great minds is a joy in itself, collaboration and creativity at work provides an environment for innovation and success. As we start on our journey together, there are two main pathways that have brought us together:
1. Organisations that focus on a culture of employee happiness and well-being are not only more productive, but they also enjoy higher employee retention and bottom line…make more money!
2. Organisations that focus on communication, creating environments where employees can thrive and continuous learning in the adoption of new technologies are more productive, have happier employees and guess what…they also make more money!
Can you see why we’ve joined forces?
Imagine a world where well-being content is surfaced within your Salesforce Org, empowering users to take control of their happiness at work and providing nuggets of positivity and guidance, at their point of need, as they go about their day.
Imagine a world where the information you need to do your job well and become proficient is available exactly when you need it.
Happier sales people sell 37% more.
In her book The Progress Principle, Teresa Amabile states “Of all the things that can boost inner work life, the most important is making progress in meaningful work.”
Happy Coffee works with this principle within four pillars of happiness at work; Results, Relationships, Purpose & Play or RP2.
Why are Results important?
Around the world we ask our clients about a specific time when they were happy at work. By and large most of the stories that are shared fit into one (or more) of our pillars. However, if we had to sum up the most heard stories it would be with the phrase “Doing great work, together with great people”.
This seems so simple – but we often find that people forget to notice when they actually DO great work. We go from task to task, with our never ending to do lists. We finish up one project on a Thursday, only to kick off the next one on Friday morning.
No time for reflection, no time for retrospectives, and certainly no time for celebrating.
The way we are working is wrong. Our pillar ‘Results’ is a critical piece in the happiness at work puzzle.
International research and case studies have proven that attention to wellbeing at work and job happiness:
- Improved profitability (6-13%) (Source: Fridaypulse.com)
- Better customer and client services & satisfaction
- Higher sales (37%) (Source: Martin Seligman)
- Leads to fewer errors and accidents
- Increases creativity and a sense of innovation
- Significantly reduce absenteeism and turnover
- Reinforces the sense of cooperation
- Significantly increases productivity (decrease in presenteeism)
- Ensures higher motivation, drive and involvement
- Leads to thinking in solutions
- Increases curiosity
- Gives more mental energy
- Creates better teamwork;
- Strengthens optimism and gratitude
- Reinforces resilience on a professional and private level
- Reduces a negative atmosphere of intolerance, gossip and judgment
- 17% lower turnover
- Up to 22% increase in productivity
How do we focus on results?
It’s important to distinguish between chasing KPI’s and metrics, and focus on meaningful results. I will refer back to Teresa Amabile’s quote – “making progress in meaningful work”.
This means a few things:
- Do we know that what we do matters?
- Can we see the ways we are making progress?
- Do we have the tools, and resources that we need to do the job we are doing?
- Do we have the autonomy to do our work well?
- Are we empowered to achieve, learn, develop and see the work we have done?
- Are we recognised by our direct manager for the work that we have accomplished?
When we have the knowledge, autonomy, tools, and resources to do the job we are set, we are likely to find our ‘Flow’. Our Flow enables us to focus on the task in hand (without distraction), and when we achieve progress towards that task, celebrate, realise, and ultimately achieve our goals.
The World Economic Forum, Davos Agenda in 2021, stated that ‘To truly build a more resilient workforce and rebuild the economy in 2021 and beyond, employers should prioritise well-being, which is the state of being comfortable, healthy or happy’.
Businesses should treat wellbeing as a tangible skill, a critical business input and a measurable outcome
Forward-thinking companies will embrace well-being as an index of learnable actions and daily behaviour
By talking about well-being and backing it with action, leaders can eliminate a work culture that implies work should come before personal needs.
It is with this goal in mind that Improved Apps are making our award winning user engagement tools available to deliver well-being content to forward thinking companies. We are so excited about this collaboration. It’s a remarkable milestone in the significance of happiness at work. The well-being content packs will be available to download early 2022 within your Salesforce Org.
Improved Apps can enable your entire organisation to focus on employee happiness, both through enabling meaningful work and (in collaboration with Happy Coffee), by delivering well-being content, challenges, podcasts and learning paths directly to your workforce.
Please get in touch if you are interested in finding out more about joining the happiness at work community. You will be very welcome.
Improved Apps Happiness Content Pack – Making valuable, well-being content available to employees. Downloads will be FREE. A springboard to get you started…why wouldn’t you get started today?
Improved Apps Demo
Boost your organisation’s digital adoption